Writing can be hard. This guide brings together links to helpful information for you to use as you write your papers.
In the tabs above you'll find links to tips on:
- Beginning your writing (Step #1 Pre-Writing).
- Writing your content (Step #2 Writing).
- Revising and completing your writing (Step #3 Finishing).
If you're assigned a research paper, or if you need to develop citations, there is a tab for this (Research & Citations). See also the Example APA and Example MLA paper in the tabs above.
If you are in Comp. I or Comp. II, take a look at the Terms & Definitions tab.
ESL means English as a Second Language. The ESL tab has links to resources for you if you need extra help with the English language.
Online Writing Lab
Welcome to the Butler Online Writing Lab!
The Butler Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a free service available to students currently enrolled in courses on any Butler campus or in Butler online courses.
How Does the OWL Work?
- The OWL is staffed by Butler English facutly who currently teach Composition and Literature courses.
- You may submit your papers to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org from your Butler email account.
- When we receive your submission, it will be forwarded to an editor who will respond via email within 48 hours.
- The editor will give you 5-10 comments with suggestions for how to improve your paper.
Via emial at email@example.com
Butler OWL Web site
A Special Thanks
A very special thanks goes out to the writing lab and library at Beaufort County Community College for generously allowing us to use their Online Writing Lab guide as a template.
To access NetTutor:
1) Login to your pipeline