Writing can be hard. This guide brings together links to helpful information for you to use as you write your papers.
In the tabs above you'll find links to tips on:
- Beginning your writing (Step #1 Pre-Writing).
- Writing your content (Step #2 Writing).
- Revising and completing your writing (Step #3 Finishing).
If you're assigned a research paper, or if you need to develop citations, there is a tab for this (Research & Citations). See also the Example APA and Example MLA paper in the tabs above.
If you are in Comp. I or Comp. II, take a look at the Terms & Definitions tab.
ESL means English as a Second Language. The ESL tab has links to resources for you if you need extra help with the English language.
Online Writing Lab
The Butler Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a free service available to students currently enrolled in courses on any Butler campus or in Butler online courses.
Email your papers to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your Butler email account, an editor who will respond via email within 48 hours.
Butler OWL Web site
Trial - Try today!
No trial at this time.
A Special Thanks
A very special thanks goes out to the writing lab and library at Beaufort County Community College for generously allowing us to use their Online Writing Lab guide as a template.
Butler offers face-to-face tutoring in many subjects. Check the tutoring schedules to find a time and place for you.
To access NetTutor:
1) Login to your pipeline
2) Click on the "My Courses" tab
3) Select the current term, i.e. Spring 2013
4) Click on the link "NetTutor Online Tutoring" found below the course you'd like tutoring in
5) This will open a new window, taking you directly to the tutoring site for that subject